It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Couple of Dexter Issues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 pm 
Registered  User

I just plugged my Dexter in my game. First time that it has been a Space Ace in about 30 years, so there are bugs to be worked out anyway. However, I noticed that my screen has a date of 8-11-17 and D8E1 in the top left corner which looks like the debugging information that is in your setup video. Is there a way to get rid of this? Also, I do not get the move beeps, only joystick sounds when I make a wrong move. Are the move beeps part of the cabinet hardware or part of Dexter?
Thank you for your Help and also for creating something to actually make my game work!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Couple of Dexter Issues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

The debug info is a problem with the license file. I must've overlooked this as i was preparing the unit. I can fix this for you remotely. Sorry about that!

The move beeps are generated by the game, not dexter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:33 pm 
Registered  User

Cool, it’s no big deal, I am really excited to get to play the game! Anyway, so from what I understand for you to remote in I need to download Dexter manager correct? And set up a time and date with you to do it? Also, do you have any idea off hand why my game wouldn’t do the move beeps? I am just curious if it could be a problem with the logic board or a potentiometer that I missed somewhere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

AndrewA wrote:
Cool, it’s no big deal, I am really excited to get to play the game! Anyway, so from what I understand for you to remote in I need to download Dexter manager correct? And set up a time and date with you to do it? Also, do you have any idea off hand why my game wouldn’t do the move beeps? I am just curious if it could be a problem with the logic board or a potentiometer that I missed somewhere.

If you just leave the dexter plugged into the internet overnight some time, I'll log in and fix the issue without an appointment. Just need to know when it's connected.

Move beeps.. dunno, might be a dip switch setting or hardware problem with the dragons lair main logic board?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 am 
Registered  User

So I figured out the move beep issue. For the debugging info issue I will leave my Dexter plugged into the internet tonight all night if that is ok. If you need me to put it on an Ethernet connection another night just let me know.
Thanks!!!

Offline Profile