It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: dexter in time traveler
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 pm 
Registered  User

We installed dexter in a time traveler game, and it worked great for a while. Then we noticed it would start beeping after being on for a little bit, and customers couldn't play the game. We have it set on free play. We have to reboot it to get it working again. This happens several times a day, and is getting annoying. Any suggestions as to what can be done to correct this?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: dexter in time traveler
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:14 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

warevall the gargone wrote:
We installed dexter in a time traveler game, and it worked great for a while. Then we noticed it would start beeping after being on for a little bit, and customers couldn't play the game. We have it set on free play. We have to reboot it to get it working again. This happens several times a day, and is getting annoying. Any suggestions as to what can be done to correct this?

Sounds frustrating.

At this point, it's almost impossible for me to determine whether the problem is with the Dexter or some other part of the Time Traveler hardware.

The only thing I can do is offer to monitor it through this process: http://laserdisc-replacement.com/help/

I can monitor what commands are being sent to/from the Dexter in real-time as the Dexter is hooked up to the game hardware. That may give me some insight into what is happening.

Unfortunately, during the monitoring, an overlay will be displayed on the screen, which will be distracting for people trying to play the game. The system would need to be monitored long enough for the 'crash' to occur.

Let me know if you'd like to schedule this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm 
Registered  User

We're thinking to do this on Monday, the 25th of this month, starting between 12:30 and 1pm EST. Then we will need to wait for it to do it. Will we need to alert you when it happens?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

warevall the gargone wrote:
We're thinking to do this on Monday, the 25th of this month, starting between 12:30 and 1pm EST. Then we will need to wait for it to do it. Will we need to alert you when it happens?

That works for me. I've got it on my calendar. If you wouldn't mind dropping a note when you've hooked it up, then I will make sure I can see the Dexter on my end and will start logging communication. Alerting me when the problem happens would be helpful too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:52 am 
Registered  User

Will do. Until then. Have a great weekend!

Offline Profile