It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 pm


All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 2
Been with daphne for about 2 years now (with mpegs) an love it, dragons lair takes me back to being 13 again.
Now i've come to use the one dvd video that i own an daphne won't recogise it an i can't seem to direct the loader to the root of the dvd.
I think the dvd is region 2 an not a 20th edition, oh an i use windows xp.
Please help an keep up the great work.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New daphne won't recognise my timewarp dvd
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
reu wrote:
Been with daphne for about 2 years now (with mpegs) an love it, dragons lair takes me back to being 13 again.
Now i've come to use the one dvd video that i own an daphne won't recogise it an i can't seem to direct the loader to the root of the dvd.
I think the dvd is region 2 an not a 20th edition, oh an i use windows xp.
Please help an keep up the great work.


I would suspect that the fact that it's Region 2 might be the problem.

I have a DL2 laserdisc (which unfortunately has some bad laser rot) and also the Region 1 20th Anniversary edition. I recently used the 20th Anniversary DL2 to get the better quality and it seems to work fine.


Joe

_________________
Arcade cabinet specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4GB RAM, Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000, onboard audio, 16GB SSD (boot/OS/front end), 2TB 7200 rpm hard drive (emulators/ROMs), Wells-Gardner D9200 monitor, Klipsch 2.1 speakers.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:50 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:40 am
Posts: 30
Follow the directions of this link:

http://daphne-emu.com/dvd_scan.php

It may lead to some solutions.

_________________
Image

Looks like a long way down.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:20 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 2
Ok thanks people!
Have sent that scan thing.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Daphne not recognizing my DVD
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:49 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
I am having the same sort of problem. I am using the latest version (Beta)of Daphne, I have downloaded all 3+ gig of files from the Daphne Loader. I am running Windows Vista with a core 2 duo processor, 2 gig of RAM and a Nvidia 7600 GS graphics card. When I try to start Dragon's Lair 2, it says a "compatible disc cannot be found automatically. Please locate the root directory of the disc." I try to do this but it still does not recognize it. I have the region 1 video-DVD version of Timewarp by Digital Leisure. Am I doing something wrong here? Any assistance is appreciated.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:02 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:51 pm
Posts: 202
Jerryhargabyte wrote:
Follow the directions of this link:

http://daphne-emu.com/dvd_scan.php

It may lead to some solutions.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
Layer wrote:
Jerryhargabyte wrote:
Follow the directions of this link:

http://daphne-emu.com/dvd_scan.php

It may lead to some solutions.


Oops...I forgot to mention, I also already sent a scan of the DVD to Matt. Thanks for the suggestion though.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:14 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:51 pm
Posts: 202
How long ago did you send it in? You may need to make sure Matt received it.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:48 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
Layer wrote:
How long ago did you send it in? You may need to make sure Matt received it.


Good Point. I will e-mail Matt and confirm he received it. I appreciate the assistance.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
Layer wrote:
How long ago did you send it in? You may need to make sure Matt received it.


I'm glad you suggested I check to see if Matt received it because some foolish person forgot to include the attachment. DOHH!!! Hopefully I got it right this time.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:40 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:00 pm
Posts: 1
I sent a copy of my scan dvd yesterday and Matt was quick to respond. Since the last update my timewarp dvd has been read and I can now play DL2. (However I can't get past the dinosaur part, but that is because I suck)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:16 am 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
Symos wrote:
I sent a copy of my scan dvd yesterday and Matt was quick to respond. Since the last update my timewarp dvd has been read and I can now play DL2. (However I can't get past the dinosaur part, but that is because I suck)


I never could get my Dragon's Lair 2 DVD to be recognized but it matters not because I was able to obtain the 20th Anniversary DVD Collection from Volcanogames for a mere $15.00+ Shipping. This version works fine with Daphne...and I forgot how much I suck at Dragon's Lair I or II...until now. :oops: Oh well...it's still fun!!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Cant seem to get Daphne to work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 am 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 am
Posts: 1
Daphne downloaded the files it needed and during that time I had already had downloaded a dvd copy of dragons lair, and space ace. Burned it to a dvd but i keep getting that error "A compatible Disc cannot be found" so I downloaded another version of dragons lair and burned it to a disc with the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of playing dragons lair?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cant seem to get Daphne to work
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 19
Location: London, UK
queequeeg wrote:
Daphne downloaded the files it needed and during that time I had already had downloaded a dvd copy of dragons lair, and space ace. Burned it to a dvd but i keep getting that error "A compatible Disc cannot be found" so I downloaded another version of dragons lair and burned it to a disc with the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of playing dragons lair?

You need to buy the DVD of Dragons Lair, Space Ace, etc. The reason for the DVD check is to ensure that you have bought the right to play these games which are still being sold commercially. Discussing illegally downloaded commercial software/DVD's is not welcome here.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 am
Posts: 1
This could be the answer. Try an actual Dragon's Lair disc instead of a pirate.

_________________
How does he mature back like that, anyway?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:22 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Salt Lake City
I can't get it to recognize my Space Ace DVD. It is a legitimately purchased DVD-Video in the PAL format. I tried the link to the DVD-Scan thing and I emailed him a few weeks ago with the results, but I've never gotten a response. Then I noticed the post regarding that link was like 3 years old, what can I do now to get some help?

I'd love it if someone could help me. Space Ace was my favourite of the Bluth laserdisc games, and I find it strange that it won't recognize my DVD since it recognized my Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 discs and they are both PAL format as well.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 2111
Location: Salt Lake City,Utah, USA
ChiePet wrote:
I can't get it to recognize my Space Ace DVD. It is a legitimately purchased DVD-Video in the PAL format. I tried the link to the DVD-Scan thing and I emailed him a few weeks ago with the results, but I've never gotten a response. Then I noticed the post regarding that link was like 3 years old, what can I do now to get some help?

I'd love it if someone could help me. Space Ace was my favourite of the Bluth laserdisc games, and I find it strange that it won't recognize my DVD since it recognized my Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 discs and they are both PAL format as well.


Maybe try getting a different Space Ace DVD from ebay? you can probably get one for a few dollars.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:01 pm
Posts: 1
Hello, I know this is my first post but I was just wondering if you can help me.

I've just bought copies of Dragon's lair, Space ace and Dragon's Lair 2 in order to validate the Daphne files. Dragon's Lair and Space ace were recognised and validated without a hitch but my copy of Dragon's Lair 2 just isn't recognised.

I've used the scan disc utility posted above and can provide the generated file if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 2111
Location: Salt Lake City,Utah, USA
ruckage wrote:
Hello, I know this is my first post but I was just wondering if you can help me.

I've just bought copies of Dragon's lair, Space ace and Dragon's Lair 2 in order to validate the Daphne files. Dragon's Lair and Space ace were recognised and validated without a hitch but my copy of Dragon's Lair 2 just isn't recognised.

I've used the scan disc utility posted above and can provide the generated file if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.


send me an email by going to http://emailme.ownby.org and we can talk about this more


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 am 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:00 pm
Posts: 2
Hi,

I am having the same issue with 'compatibility disc not found' for Space Ace DVD Video on windows XP 32bit.
I have sent an e-mail...

Many thanks,
Rick


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:06 am 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:56 am
Posts: 0
BUMP!!

Please help. When I got my DVD a number of years ago, I made a copy of it on a blank DVD as backup.

Well, sure enough, my original DVD got scratched, and no longer works. Fortunately I already "verified" Dragon's Lair, so it was no big deal.

However, I just got a new computer, and Daphne will not work on there. When I try to "verify" Daphne with the DVD copy I made, it comes back with "This disc is not supported or else has errors".

I cannot get this to work, even though the backup DVD will work just fine in my DVD player!

Is there any way around this?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:37 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 114
Location: Italy
If you have a working Daphne setup on the old computer, you can copy the whole daphne folder over to your new machine and it will work without needing to re-verify anything.
You should make a backup of the whole daphne folder for the future.

_________________
Matteo


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm 
Registered User
Registered  User

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm
Posts: 0
I have PC CD-Roms, these are not recognized either and Daphne makes no reference to them in the Verification list it is only lists DVD's for my PC, what is it with the PC-CD Roms, why do they not work, they are a legitimate source file and are paid for and not copies?

I just bought the game on Steam, no CD's needed but this still does not address my Video Arcade machine.
I need a image/iso version that will run on my MAME arcade emulator.

Any help greatly appreciated.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DaphneLoader won't recognize my DVD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:12 am
Posts: 115
No help will be given. You have to buy the DVD versions that are supported by Daphne. Anything else won't work, and there is no plans to change this


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net