It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Movement timings not right with Daphne
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:53 pm 
Registered  User

I ripped the Digital Leisure DVD of DL using dvd2daph to m2vs. I then used VirtualDub Mpg to convert the m2vs to avis using the rotate 90, sharpness 25 filters, used Huffyuv 2.1.1 compression, and inverse telecine. I then reconverted to m2vs using Tmpgenc Xpress 3.0 cropping to 480x640 (using in an inverted monitor in a cocktail cabinet), FPS to 23.976, CQ at 100%, motion search presision to "low - fast search". When I then run Daphne with the DLE 2.1 ROMS, -latency 150, the sound sometimes sounds "rushed", and many times I'm not able to move properly; before I get a chance to make my move, it shows the death scenes. Changing latency to 250 makes it worse; the sound to very choppy. Any ideas?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:09 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

There are problems using newer version of tmpgenc with Daphne. This is probably what is wrong.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:19 pm 
Registered  User

Even with Tmpgenc Xpress? I'm using Xpress because with the regular Tmpgenc I have to enter manually each avi and specifiy the parameters for the 195 avis.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:24 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Does the game work normally when you use the original .m2v's created with dvd2daph?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 pm 
Registered  User

Yes, but I converted the originals originally, but I messed up with the screen size, but it also worked fine. I then resized, but now it does what I previously mentioned, so i'm thinking its an avi to m2v encoding problem. I'm wondering if its a setting in the encoder.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:23 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

daphne doesn't like m2v's created with newer versions of tmpgenc ... there are a few more threads about this subject, possibly even stickied that may be helpful.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:38 am 
Registered  User

But it worked previously with the same version of Tmpgenc Xpress, but when I encoded it the second time, it didnt work properly. Isnt there some known settings that would allow it to work properly? I'm using Tmpgenc Xpress 3.0 because I can enter all the 195 files at once. With the regular Tmpgenc, you have to manually add them one by one, and set parameters individually.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:43 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

If Tmpeg re-encodes, it won't work. You probably didn't need to re-encode with whatever settings you were first using.

This is a bug with the way daphne parses files created with newer versions of tmpeg. You'll have to track down an older version, or use a different encoder.

Coincidentally, this is the same reason why a new dvd2daph release has been held up. It appears that the files on Digital Leisure's DL2 discs were made with a newer tmpeg. :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:28 pm 
Registered  User

Do you know of other encoders that have the ability to encode without having to put the 195 files in one at a time and set the parameters seperate?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:06 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

I use an older Tmpeg. You could try CCE, or bbmpeg if you'd rather have something free. I've never been able to get good results from bbmpeg though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:15 am 
Registered  User

I just tried CCE SP, and it only supports one file at a time like all the rest.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: TMPGEnc Version that works
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:12 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

The best tool that I've found for encoding MPEGs for Daphne is TMPGEnc. The link below explains which version number works:

https://www.daphne-emu.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1621

Offline Profile