It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Daphne 1.0 Beta tweaks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 am 
Registered  User

Hey,

Maybe insteed of auto updates have Daphne ask the user if they want to update.(it makes things confusing and the auto updates really slows the internet connection down. Personally,I don't like the auto update).Also,can you also change the DaphneLoader icon to the DaphneLoader icon in version 99.7 please. Other than that 1.0 Beta looks and runs good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:30 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Commenting on the update feature. By default, Daphne "recommends" that you download the mpegs from there servers rather than use any you already have converted through dvd2daph. I beleive they said, the non reccomended way isn't even supported. So most users are going to decide to go ahead and download the files through Daphne and have to wait almost 24 hours to get them. Then when they get them, they are told they need to have there original game's DVD from DigitalLeisure. Now, I can see there point because they want to avoid piracy. But, I strongly suggest that there is a warning before you start the download that you will need to have access to your original DVD. That way you don't waste so much time and HD space downloading the game through Daphne's servers. I, as well as several others, no longer have there DVD's since they've long since converted there game files to work with Daphne. I find it sad that the old way we used to do it, and then encouraged to do, is no longer supported.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:02 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Envisaged0ne wrote:
But, I strongly suggest that there is a warning before you start the download that you will need to have access to your original DVD.

There is already a warning...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Daphne 1.0 Beta tweaks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:52 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Etcherman wrote:
Hey,

Maybe insteed of auto updates have Daphne ask the user if they want to update.(it makes things confusing and the auto updates really slows the internet connection down. Personally,I don't like the auto update).

Etcherman,

Thankyou for your feedback.

I am confused about what you mean about asking the user if they want to update. As it is now, all auto-updates prompt the user before doing anything with an OK/Cancel button. If you don't want to update, you just click Cancel.

Can you explain to me more what you mean by "ask the user if they want to update" ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:59 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Envisaged0ne wrote:
But, I strongly suggest that there is a warning before you start the download that you will need to have access to your original DVD.

There is a warning, EnvisagedOne. I posted this same reply to another one of your messages. Did you read it?

Quote:
I find it sad that the old way we used to do it, and then encouraged to do, is no longer supported.

The old way still works just fine, if you're willing to figure out how to make it work on your own. By "not supported" I mean that I don't want to get any questions about how to make it work, because it is no longer the recommended way of doing things.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Daphne 1.0 Beta tweaks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:00 pm 
Registered  User

Etcherman wrote:
Also,can you also change the DaphneLoader icon to the DaphneLoader icon in version 99.7 please.

Assuming you are using a shortcut to run Daphne, you can right click on the new Daphne shortcut, choose properties, change icon. From this point choose the browse option and find the old DaphneLoader.exe file and select it. You can then use the old icon for the new DaphneLoader shortcut.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm 
Registered  User

Hi,

I just download Daphne (1.00 beta) yesterday and think it’s a brilliant app. I completely forgot about ever playing the Dragon’s Lair 20th Anniversary DVDs again. But now Daphne gives these games a new lease on life.

Ive set up all my games manually, using batch files for the various ROMS and they all work a treat, except for DL2 but ill post something about that later.

I would just like to know if there is any difference in the video quality of the DVSs Ive got and the mpegs that can be downloaded through DaphneLoader?

Thanks

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

The mpegs that are downloaded are captured straight from laserdisc. Dragon's Lair and Space Ace look great - they look less blurry than the DVDs in my opinion. The DL2 capture also doesn't have the yellow tint that is apparent on the DVD version - so it really looks good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:08 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

the downloads are the best by far.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm 
Registered  User

Thanks for the info there layer

Unfortunately my downloads are capped at 5Gig per month so on your opinion…..im going for it

I think it’s a 3.7 Gig in total

Offline Profile