It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Minor bug : Input cannot be remapped on linux or OSX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 am 
Registered  User

I was having trouble remapping the default keyboard for Dragon's Lair. I used the daphneloader program to redefine some of the keys (coin buttons primarily) and although the changes were reflected in daphneloader and in the ~/.daphne/dapinput.ini file, the game(s) would continue to ignore the settings.

It turns out that daphneloader does update the dapinput.ini file correctly however, when daphne actually runs using these command:

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/games/daphne/daphne/lib
/home/games/daphne/daphne/daphne lair vldp -framefile /home/games/.daphne/vldp_dl/lair/lair.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir /home/games/.daphne -bank 0 11111001 -bank 1 00100111 -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -noserversend

the ~/.daphne/dapinput.ini is ignored, I then created a hardlink from ~/daphne/daphne/dapinput.ini to ~/.dapne/dapinput.ini and everything worked as expected.

It appears as if either the -homedir command (option was created by daphneloader) is either ignored or broken.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:02 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Thanks for reporting this. I'll make a note of it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Minor bug : Input cannot be remapped on linux or OSX
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 pm 
Registered  User

I can't manage at all to remap the hard skill level input key on linux.
I'm running the latest beta release of Daphne both on WinXp SP2 and Linux (Fedora 8), on my ASUS laptop (i.e. without keypad): no problem on Win, but on Linux I can't change that key (and probably others too).
The change seems to be accepted (DaphneLoader show the new selected key) but it doesn't work.
I would not call it a "minor" bug, since the hard skill level is the only good reason to continue playing Space Ace for me. Also, I would test all of my favorite Win applications on Linux before completing the migration. The same could be for other users I suppose.
Some hints?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:07 pm 
Registered  User

copy the dapinput.ini file to the directory that holds the "daphne" program itself. I did this with a hard link "ln ${binarydir}/dapinput.ini ~.daphne/dapinput.ini"

where ${binarydir} is where the daphne binary lives

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:15 pm 
Registered  User

Wonderful!!
Thanks a lot. For your speed also.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Keyboard remapping prob on OSX
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:39 am 
Registered  User

I read the thread but unfortunately my level of technical knowledge has its limitations.

Running: OSX 10.5.1, Daphne Loader v1.0-2.2.0

I'm trying to re-map a couple of keys (reverse up and down on the shooter type games). I've tried using the "configure > input" dialogue box within Daphne but I don't get much of a response.

I can't seem to get the menu to change in anyway except grey out when I click the "change" button or double click on an input row. I can hit "clear" which removes the key mappings for a particular row but inputting a new set of keys doesn't seem to register.

I've edited the ~Documents/Daphne User Data/dapinput.ini file and also the DaphneLoaderPrefs.xml files but when I start Daphne loader they revert back to the original values I edited.

I've also tried going back to Daphne Loader 1.0 (C++ version) and editing the DaphneLoaderInfo.ini file at the same level as the DaphneLoader program. At least for me, the Configure menu shows an Input tab but it is blank.

Anyone else run into this sort of problem. Any ideas on workarounds/fixes?

Thanks. Daphne Loader has brought back great memories of the heyday of arcade gaming (at least for my generation) and I thank all those involved in the creation and continued refinement of the emulator.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Minor bug : Input cannot be remapped on linux or OSX
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Someone was complaining about this in the chat room the other day and I had completely forgotten about this.

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to build on OSX anymore. (if we built on OSX, it would be a new binary for the latest OSX and would not be compatible with this universal binary that is currently in the download section)

We don't have a transition plan in place, so for now it looks like this workaround is the way to go.

Offline Profile