It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Dragon's Lair pauses instead of blanking or going black.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:20 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Hey all. I have this frustrating problem which makes no sense to me. Wondering if anyone else has or had this problem and how to resolve it. When i play DL, when a it goes from one scene to the next or to a death screen, the screen does not go black like it's supposed to. I've checked my setting and they are set correctly. In fact, space ace work perfectly fine with blanking out. Both games setting are exactly the same yet DL does not do what the settings say they are doing. It's weird that it used to do it before and doesn't now.

So far i have used daphne on here, on my cab and no blanking. I re-ripped the footage fromt he digital leisure dvd-rom and still does it. I have the original and the DL 2.0 disc and i still cannot get it to do it. Also, there is a green screen that comes up occasionally when it should be black. I don't know what that means to anybody.

namco003

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 am 
Registered  User

why cant i make a topic?

I am using daphne loader and when it loads a game all i get is a black box and hear sound but cant see anything.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

tigpoppA wrote:
why cant i make a topic?

I am using daphne loader and when it loads a game all i get is a black box and hear sound but cant see anything.

I dont know about making a new topic, but as far as a black screen goes. If you are using daphne in win vista, you have to use full screen. windows has something in it that causes it to not show. Something to do with D3D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:11 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

tigpoppA - Make sure you're posing new topics in the New Topics section of the forums. You can't post new topics anywhere else. Eventually your topic will be moved by the moderators to the apprpriate section.

namco003 - Do you want it to have a black screen when switching from one screen to another? Since I'm not entirely sure what you want it to do. Or what it's doind that you don't like, all I can say is that if you want there to be a delay, go to Advanced settings and set the delay times for "Delay before starting a search" and Delay before ending a search". Also make sure "Blank when Searching" and "Blank when skipping" is enabled under the video options.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Envisaged0ne wrote:
namco003 - Do you want it to have a black screen when switching from one screen to another? Since I'm not entirely sure what you want it to do. Or what it's doind that you don't like, all I can say is that if you want there to be a delay, go to Advanced settings and set the delay times for "Delay before starting a search" and Delay before ending a search". Also make sure "Blank when Searching" and "Blank when skipping" is enabled under the video options.

Blanking is what i want it to do. The exact same effec the arcade does. I have it set correctly. Blank when searching, delay before starting search. It's something in vista that cause it to pause instead. With the exact same settings on an xp computer it works perfectly fine.

Offline Profile