It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Inverting joystick y-axis
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am 
Registered  User

Is it possible to invert the up/down controls for a joystick/joypad in Daphne? I have Windows Xp, and hence my joystick shows up in the "game controllers" applet. Therefore, it's a directinput controller. The issue seems to be that regardless of what I specify in the daphne configuration applet, it can't be reversed. I also tried using a keyboard mapper such as joytokey, but again a failure. I guess this is because Daphne is reading directly from DirectInput somehow?

I should also mention that my joystick is the second of two devices in the game controllers applet. I gather from some other posts that Daphne only reads Joy0, but other than the fact I can't remap directions, everything else functions OK.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 am 
Registered  User

As a followup to my own question, I did verify that the stick is set to joystick 0, but still no luck. The joystick handler for Daphne is bizarre. You can specify down for up in the config applet in daphneloader, but it has absolutely no effect. You can't override the controls with a keyboard emulator like controlmk or joytokey, and somehow the -nojoystick command line option manages to disable the keyboard emulation of the above mappers too..even though it continues to work outside of Daphne, even while Daphne is running. It's almost like this program is written to thwart attempts to customize the controls.

I guess as a last resort I could look into daiinput, but I'm not optimistic.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

There is currently no way to invert the joystick Y axis.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:14 pm 
Registered  User

Hal900x, i have sent you pm for this problem & one solution ! but i post it here again !

Quote:
:D hello there ! first sorry for my language, i'm french ^^
So for this axe problem (it's a nightmare playing shoot games with the spaceship going down when pull gamepad up !!, personnaly i cannot and no enjoy the games the way it should do), so i have searching long................ trying with "joy2key", "xpadder_gamepad_profiler", nothing work, if i choose invert, the movement seems blocked :-? , i was about to open my gamepad for modify, but i not ingineer ! the problem is in direct input of xp, but my control panel gamepad haven't this possibility to change axes.........
So yesterday i tried a homebrew for PSP console calling " PSP WiFiController" it emulate a joytick by parallel/wifi port and have many options like changing axes ! and after a while it work ! i control Laserdisc games with my psp ^^ , ok you need psp, but it's good ocassion to buy it one lol !

cheer ! god bless you !
jean pierre.

http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQLqLNG ... re=related

AND THANK FOR THIS GREAT EMULATOR ! :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Inverting joystick y-axis
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm 
Registered  User

Im having trouble with the controls if somone could help me. I have a volume button on my keyboard that i use to lower the sound while my arcade is playing. everytime i use it while a daphne game is in place the game either closes it self or freezes the video screen? I dont understand why the volume button has anything to do with daphne. Any help?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Inverting joystick y-axis
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:10 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Yeap. This is a kown issue. I have the same prob too. Nuttin you can do about it

Offline Profile