It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Problems getting DAPHNE to work ? Help is near.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Hi :)

As a newbie to Daphne i had some problems getting Daphne to work. I searched this forum for answers but didnt quiet find what i was looking for. I turned to Daphne-chat at the #Daphne channel on IRC and got to talk to Matt_O (Matt Ownby in this forum) who really did all he could to get my Daphne up and running. Now i got every game running like a charm.
I can highly recommend getting help from this guy! He remotely checked to see if my setup was correct and fixed all errors along with helping me install the games.

Thanks mate :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Problems getting DAPHNE to work ? Help is near.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

yes m8 he also sorted out my computer and got daphne working for me to, and im a noob also. spent over 2hours talking to matt as he waited for things to download on my computer and the guy couldnt help me enough.

ive seen alot of bad press about daphne on the internet with people slating it but if they dont ask for help then you wont get it...

the guy should get credit for what hes done making a lazerdisc game emulator, so even they young ones can see what cost us a £1.00 for 2 goes.

im 41 now and back in the 80's these kind of games changed my life and how much i wanted a dragons lair arcade machine.but now help from Matt and the team has made it possible for me to play some of my much loved games..

i would also like to say i donated to help with the server costs as daphne is a non proffit program which i would like to keep alive so others can enjoy it to.

ok thx again Matt and the team..

p.s keep daphne alive : :wink: also check out my youtube sasmadmorro

Offline Profile