It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: 2 displays (clone mode) but Daphne only shows on one.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am 
Registered  User

Hello. I've done some searching here and on the net, but can't seem to find a solution. I installed Daphne and had it update to the latest version. I am on WinXP sp3 and here is whats happening:

-My pc monitor and tv are both on my video card (evga gforce 220). My TV is identified as display 1, and the monitor as 2.

-I had the settings so that my monitor is the main display and tv is extended desktop. Daphne ran fine like this. But I want to play the games on my tv instead.

-So I made my tv the main display. But Daphne still only loads on my monitor. I then changed the settings so the display on my monitor is cloned to my tv. Same thing - Daphne only shows on my montor. Very strange, as everything else on my pc was displayed on both screens simultaneously.

-I then disabled my monitor and only had my tv as the main display. Daphne won't show anything on my tv. Just a black screen... audio can still be heard though.

Does anyone know whats going on? Is Daphne only able to run on the display that windows identifies as display 1? If so, that's a bummer because I'm not sure Windows lets you change monitor identification numbers.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2 displays (clone mode) but Daphne only shows on one.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

unfortunately, the code that relates to the issue you are seeing is inside SDL which is a third party library used by Daphne. This means that no one here knows anything about how to fix it or even if it's possible to fix.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2 displays (clone mode) but Daphne only shows on one.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:04 pm 
Registered  User

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

I found a fix for it. In Daphne Loader, "full screen" has to be enabled AND the "Screen Size" needs to be set at 800x600 or higher. This will make the games show on both displays.
A little weird, since one would think that screen size wouldnt matter once full screen is enabled, but no big deal :wink:
I hope this might help others someday. Also, how do I check which version I currently have? Is the Daphne Loader version the same as Daphne?

Offline Profile