It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: DL and Space Ace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:29 am 
Registered  User

Hi there.

Ok so I reverted to a different set of images for dl and ace and it seems to work now.

However I have noticed one thing. When I die I just move to a new scene. In dl that doesnt seem to be a problem as far as I know because it is all just random rooms (maybe a bad choice of words) until you get to the end, but in ace you just keep moving along the game and will eventually end up at the end.

Question 1 - Does what I just wrote make sense??

Question 2 - Is that how it is supposed to work?

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Yes what you wrote makes sense. And yes, if you have the difficulty in Space Ace set to easy, it will just keep progressing through the game even when you die. If you want it to make you repeat the scene when you die, choose a more difficult setting.

You can choose the difficulty after you've "inserted the coins" and pressed player 1. You'll here a chime repeat several times. It's waiting for you to select a difficulty. If you don't, it defaults to whatever you have your configuration set at. If you don't know what keys control the difficulty, look at your Input settings.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:38 am 
Registered  User

Thanks for the info.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Space Ace -- Cadet / Intermediate / Space Ace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

lawlist wrote:
My recollection is that there are three (3) levels -- the Space Ace level is the hardest with the most screens -- including, but not limited to, the screens that start with the user going left and the virtually identical screens that start with the user going to the right. Nothing I have tried in the input options have worked in so far as selecting the expert mode. When I press coin, and then press 1 player, during the chiming sequence before the game starts nothing works on my keyboard to select the expert level -- after several chimes the game just starts up in easy mode -- the keys have no effect during the chiming sequence. I have changed the input to default, and also tried a number of different keys. I am running a Macintosh version of Daphne and everything is updated. Any ideas on how to force the game into Space Ace mode so that it shows all the screens, and so that it puts me back at the beginning of the scene each time I die?

You can try playing the Space Ace version with remapped dip switches. See here.
Or simply play Space Ace Enhanced 1.0 and you'll see all the footage on disc being used.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: DL and Space Ace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 pm 
Registered  User

I too have problems with dragons lair 1 - 2 videos seem to skip when you pass sections and even when you die however space ace just hangs on parts and when you die it shows diffrent and the fact it skips many scenes and areas. in dragons lair 2 when soemthing bad happens it shows a scene of him picking up the key and other goodscenes wih the bad. Has anyone else had this problem cause right from the start my daphne was freezing up on videos but now its fixed itself since i reinstalled windows with windows 7.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: DL and Space Ace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:26 am 
Registered  User

Hi,
Just installed Daphne and and get DL & Space Ace both working, but I have to set to give you auto credit otherwise pressing credit button causes both games to lock up.
If auto credit is on and I press start both games play ok.
Any ideas???

Regards

Jamie

Offline Profile