It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Can I manually point to framefiles?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:45 pm 
Registered  User

Guys, I'm waaaaay out of touch with the current Daphne posted on the home page. So I installed it, and is it supposed to be downloading EVERYTHING...video, audio, roms, framefiles, etc? It appears that it's doing a huge download...albeit super slow. So when this is done, I just need to highlight the game and it will play?

Configuring the older versions was not a problem, and I even ripped my SA/DL dvd roms and they worked great. I didn't even see anywhere in this new version where I could manually point to the video/audio...just the framefile.

If I need to wait forever for things to download, I guess that's what I'll do, otherwise, I'd appreciate your assistance.

Yoeddy

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:53 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

The framefile is what points Daphne to your audio and video files (as it always has been).

If you have previous captures and want to use those - they work the same with 1.0 - however using a capture not provided by Daphne is not recommended and not officially supported. Just point Daphne to your framefile using the Game tab -> Configure Laserdisc.

You or I may not have had a problem configuring Daphne in the past - however we are a minority. Daphne 1.0 allows for very advanced customization of the game experience, but it also allows beginners to use Daphne with their Digital Leisure DVDs without the hassle of learning how to configure anything at all.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Can I manually point to framefiles
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:38 am 
Registered  User

You see two devices if zconfig.ini contains DeviceListShort=0. When you enable virtual keyboard, it appears in device list. If you will use virtual mouse, it will be the third device.

Attachments:
242.gif
242.gif [ 3.03 KiB | Viewed 8920 times ]
Offline Profile