It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:27 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

^^UPDATE to the above post...

After trying and failing updating Daphne Loader a couple times, Vista offered to run something called "Program Compatibility Assistant" (don't you love Microsoft? :lol: ) the next time I tried. After it applied these settings to update.exe, everything seemed to run fine and I notice Loader is now v2.1.46 ! 8)

Oh, and so far Dragon's Lair runs perfect, even in OpenGL mode with the scoreboard overlay once I updated the nVidia Vista drivers. Loving it so far.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:33 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Glad everything is going great for you. Now if we can just make sure that the 64-bit version of this os works fine, then this emu will have fewer problems.

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:18 am 
Registered  User

I read the the poster above ran DL in OpenGL. when I tried I got an error.

--DAPHNE version 0.101.22
--Command line is: daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp_dl/lair/lair.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir . -useoverlaysb 1 -fastboot -bank 0 11011001 -bank 1 00000111 -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 1024 -y 768 -opengl
--CPU : GenuineIntel 2800 MHz || Mem : 512 megs
Setting alternate home dir:
Setting sound buffer size to 2048
Setting screen width to 1024
Setting screen height to 768
Set 1024x768 at 32 bpp with flags: 80000002
Initializing sound system ...
GI Sound chip initialized at 2000000 Hz
No joysticks detected
Remapping input ...
dbg: about to call load_roms()
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: vldp_dl/lair/./
OpenGL v2.0 is required for VLDP OpenGL mode.
OpenGL v2.0 initialization failed.
Booting ROM ...
Shutting down sound system...
Shutting down video display...

That is my Daphne log. Also if I try to turn the volume up or down while running Daphne (DL DLII), each time I press the volume buttons up or down the game will pause and unpause with each press. Is this only a problem because I am running Daphne on a HP pavilion zx5000 laptop? Other than that DL DLII run awesome. Haven't played SA yet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:29 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

1) More than likey the HP is using it's own software for the volume control - which may cause that issue with volume.

2) OpenGL 2.0 is required for OpenGL mode - your Graphics Adapter probably doesn't support it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 am 
Registered  User

What OpenGL was being used B4 Daphneloader downloaded Digital Lesiure stuff?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:39 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

...there was no OpenGL support.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: 2 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

So far everything is running, and I have one issue and a suggestion.

Issue... I posted this in the tech support forum but I'll repeat it here just in case. I have the 20th Anniversary of Space Ace DVD-video and the frame cueing system (framefile?) seems to be off. When I insert coin, instead of a "insert more coins" screen, I just get the Space Ace logo. Also, when the scenes play there seems to be a little cut off from the beginning of each scene, and when the death scene plays ("You cannot win") I see a little footage from something else at the beginning.

Suggestion... I think this version of Daphne would be perfect if there was some sort of easy-to-find text file or Wiki within the game that describes each game's setup. Dragon's Lair is easy enough with it's one button for sword, but Space Ace probably needs some explanation about the Energize button, Cliff Hanger's use of "hands" and "feet" buttons, and Thayer's Quest is really confusing because of the use of the keyboard, the coin buttons are in a different place, etc. This file might also include history of the game or other interesting tidibts, but most importantly simple control explanation is really needed.

Daphne runs great -- it is a technical marvel and I think it's important that this interesting chapter in videogaming is being preserved for future generations! Thanks for your work... please keep it up -- it is appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: new version?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:45 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

DaverJ wrote:
Anyway, I put the Dragon's Lair disc in the DVD and launched Daphne Loader v.2.1.45. It came up and said there was an update, a status bar appeared, then Daphne Loader closed and said it was unable to run updater. I'm running Vista 32bit.

It's probably Vista's security stuff interfering with the update process. For now, I do not claim that Daphne will work on Vista at all.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:10 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

DaverJ wrote:
I think this version of Daphne would be perfect if there was some sort of easy-to-find text file or Wiki within the game that describes each game's setup. Dragon's Lair is easy enough with it's one button for sword, but Space Ace probably needs some explanation about the Energize button, Cliff Hanger's use of "hands" and "feet" buttons, and Thayer's Quest is really confusing because of the use of the keyboard, the coin buttons are in a different place, etc. This file might also include history of the game or other interesting tidibts, but most importantly simple control explanation is really needed.

This is a pretty good idea. I don't have any plans to do this myself, but I will say that it's a good idea for someone else to do :)

Quote:
Daphne runs great -- it is a technical marvel and I think it's important that this interesting chapter in videogaming is being preserved for future generations! Thanks for your work... please keep it up -- it is appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:21 pm 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:
This is a pretty good idea. I don't have any plans to do this myself, but I will say that it's a good idea for someone else to do :)

Matt... I would love to assist with this if I could. However, I know nothing about programming so other than editing a .txt file, I don't know if I could be much help.

For people who might be interested... what would be the best way for someone else (myself or anyone else) to incorporate game-specific information into the Daphne project?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:41 pm 
Registered  User

Here's the keyboard layout for Thayer's Quest

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:47 am 
Registered  User

I am running on debian linux (etch) and have both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace "DVD Video Game" discs. Whenever I try to do the conversion, it informs me that
"A compatible disc cannot be found automatically.
Please locate the root directory of the disc."

Even pointing at them manually (/media/cdrom0) is not working.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:07 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

fred123456 wrote:
I am running on debian linux (etch) and have both Dragon's Lair and Space Ace "DVD Video Game" discs. Whenever I try to do the conversion, it informs me that

Thanks.

I had the exact same issue but I thought it was an issue with my system so I dind't say anything (I'm also on Etch). I think there is something a bit wonky with CD/DVD control in Etch because that sort of behavior started after an update (I've had this issue with other things and not just Daphne).

I eventually got it working but I can't remember exactly how. First try it as root. That may get it going. If not try having the disk in before you launch DaphneLoader. Or try the other way around. Like I said, I eventually got it working but it took a bit of trial and error. Thankfully you only need to do it once for each disk =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:18 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

DaverJ wrote:
When I insert coin, instead of a "insert more coins" screen, I just get the Space Ace logo.

I posted this in the Tech help forum, but I'll repeat it here if anyone's interested.

The above is how the default game version behaves. Clicking on Configure and switching to "Enhanced v1.0" Game/Laserdisc tab improves the game quite a bit, including what should be the proper insert coin screen.

For the record, the Daphne program is behaving exactly like it should... the default game mode (the original ROM) isn't perfect and Daphne keeps it accurate for historical reasons. The Enhanced mode makes very good fixes to Space Ace and I recommend it for non-historically accurate game playing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:41 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Nah. I'm more interested in arcade accuracy, which was why I started to use Daphne. This awesome emu pretty much emulates all the faults and bugs that the arcade games had, even the infinite lives cheat for Space Ace. So I am glad that Daphne emulates everything arcade accurate for I would not have it any other way.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:46 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

fred123456 wrote:

Thanks.

I don't know what the problem is, but I can at least offer you some comfort by saying that I have tested the Dragon's Lair DVD-ROM on DaphneLoader for linux and it works.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:46 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

have both versions of the dvd-rom been scanned? There is a 1.0 disc and a 1.1 disc for the DVD-Rom.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 pm 
Registered  User

So, finally DL 2.1.46 recognizes all my DVD-Rom (Dl,DL2,SA) (prev version not), but there is a big problem : I have not any internet connection at my home, so when I try to play those titles DL wont start due to .torrent check and related files missing...so ? There is a way to disable this or we may live on internet 24.24h ?

See ya and great work (till now :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:24 pm 
Registered  User

Matt Ownby wrote:
fred123456 wrote:

Thanks.

I don't know what the problem is, but I can at least offer you some comfort by saying that I have tested the Dragon's Lair DVD-ROM on DaphneLoader for linux and it works.

I've Debian etch and they works for me,did you try to update the daphne loader ? Another thing you may do is copying the dvd content in a directory and try from there. :roll:
Instead, dragon's lair 2 home-dvd conversion stops exactly at the end saying the disc may have some errors. :( .
May be, is the disc defective ?
Did someone try DL2 conversion from home-dvd ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:31 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

i ve 2 question:

if i don' want that daphne upgrade it self automatically asking me with the mask when a new version is come, how i ve to do?

is it normal that daphne say 'wait for daphne to finish' when i press start?

if i don't want that daphne advise me that 'the game has econtred varius video/sound prob'' cause i want to play directly how i've to do?

thank you

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:25 am 
Registered  User

albatros wrote:
Matt Ownby wrote:
fred123456 wrote:

Thanks.

I've Debian etch and they works for me,did you try to update the daphne loader ? Another thing you may do is copying the dvd content in a directory and try from there. :roll:

Thanks for all the suggestions give here. I actually had already tried creating an ISO on the hard drive and mounting it without success. None of the other suggestions helped either... I finally figured it out the solution and thought I would share it in case someone else ran into this particular problem.

I had to edit config.xml and change all the filenames to lower case
e.g.
<key_file pathname="VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB" length="48859136" />
became
<key_file pathname="video_ts/video_ts.vob" length="48859136" />
(luckily I am a wiz at regex changes in vi)
Worked like a charm!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:50 pm 
Registered  User

fred123456 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions give here. I actually had already tried creating an ISO on the hard drive and mounting it without success. None of the other suggestions helped either... I finally figured it out the solution and thought I would share it in case someone else ran into this particular problem.

I had to edit config.xml and change all the filenames to lower case
e.g.
<key_file pathname="VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB" length="48859136" />
became
<key_file pathname="video_ts/video_ts.vob" length="48859136" />
(luckily I am a wiz at regex changes in vi)
Worked like a charm!

:o Intersting,I've never figured to do it !.
Anyway,I din't mean create an iso on HD ,but simply copying VIDEO_TS folder on hard disk.
:) :)
Bye-bye

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:34 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

albatros wrote:
Instead, dragon's lair 2 home-dvd conversion stops exactly at the end saying the disc may have some errors. :( .
May be, is the disc defective ?
Did someone try DL2 conversion from home-dvd ?

If you can run win32 EXE's, go here http://daphne-emu.com/dvd_scan.php (sorry, no linux version)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:39 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

raziel77 wrote:
i ve 2 question:

if i don' want that daphne upgrade it self automatically asking me with the mask when a new version is come, how i ve to do?

is it normal that daphne say 'wait for daphne to finish' when i press start?

if i don't want that daphne advise me that 'the game has econtred varius video/sound prob'' cause i want to play directly how i've to do?

thank you

Auto-update checking currently cannot be disabled.

It's the DaphneLoader that is waiting for Daphne to finish.

You can disable warnings from the command line (search the message board for how) but cannot do it from the loader.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:54 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

hy matt,
but if the pc is not connected to the internet connection, i think the problem can be avoid !
isn't it?

eshs' aurunmilla has been very improved with the daphnelaoder 1.0 ,but the normal version of daphne is at 99.7
so i have to use this to gain more amuse from the game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:05 pm 
Registered  User

i can get the games to work,with the sound effects but the actual sound that runs with the cartoon animation is not working,i have tried everything,still no good

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

I don't mean to be rude, but this has been answered in your previous topic about this issue that you made and was locked. reposting questions on different threads is frowned upon.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:34 am 
Registered  User

Hi Matt, i've seen under Linux that the key pressing of left alt key in input settings is recognized correctly but not in Space Ace game.I don't now others games just now.
Another question is if Is it possible to increase the keyboard sensibility ? Under Linux it seems better to me,but i 'm not sure.
Cause during game play i press the key but i often die even if the time seems to be correct :roll:.Perhaps the original arcade was so...

Bye-bye

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:25 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

raziel77 wrote:

Don't forget that you are participating in a beta program. Like any other beta program, if you participate, you are expected to stay upgraded until the official release.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:06 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

hy!

i 've try some test today
baud rate is set as raccomended
player:lv4300 pioneer

disc game:esh's aurunmilla.

at each right move it show death sequencies then it goes on.

disc game:space ace philips pal 83

game doesn't strart it freeze at the roms wiat scene (space ace/space ace)

disc game:super don.

it start and can be played good but seem that some times it rest in black screen

byez

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next