It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:05 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Also in preferences - disable autodownloading.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Also for each game you configure the laserdisc to NOT autodownload the files.

(sorry for not grouping my thoughts together....am still sweepy)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:06 pm 
Registered  User

thank you, that worked :)

Where did you read about it? am i just blind i couldn't find that console command ? -.-

thanks again!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:11 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

sourceplease wrote:
and of course there' s nothing about harvesting datas.

Actually there is a notice about this in the download section. I just confirmed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I've released a new update to the new DaphneLoader. Re-run DaphneLoader and it will auto-update itself. To see what has changed, click on Help->View DaphneLoader Changelog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:15 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

I just fired up Daphe after being away from it for a bit and I swear the video has gotten even better. I've had beta, but it seems better than when it was first released. Playing, or just watching the animation, on my 27" arcade monitor at XGA is nice.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 am 
Registered  User

Matt Ownby wrote:
Daphne does work with a simple joystick (or gamepad) but this hasn't been tested that much. I think Lord Victorino has tested it fairly recently and found it to still be working.

No, actually it looks like it broke with the new version. I just re-loaded 99.7, and it does work with my gamepad-based encoder, and the new version doesn't...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:01 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Hav0k wrote:
No, actually it looks like it broke with the new version. I just re-loaded 99.7, and it does work with my gamepad-based encoder, and the new version doesn't...

I've made a note of this.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:12 pm 
Registered  User

I found a few difficulties understanding "config.xml" file.
for my understanding the "driver=name" entry is the actual game name... no ?

I'm trying to support latest Daphne 1.0 in my frontend, Emu Loader: http://www.mameworld.net/emuloader/

1. Some different games have same driver name and cfg name:

<game name="Dragon's Lair" image="lair.jpg" id="G_LAIR">

<version name="Rev F2" driver="lair" cfg="lair_f"
<version name="Enhancement v2.1" driver="dle21" cfg="dle2"
<version name="Enhancement v2.1 - prototype mode" driver="dle21" cfg="dle2"

... why "enhancement v2.1" and "enhancement v2.1 prototype" have same driver name and same cfg name ? How am I supposed to add both games to a games list ? EL use "game name" to separate games...

2. All games have a image="name.jpg" and the first game use a driver="name.jpg". This is the parent game and the default one, and the others are clones.
Three games do not have a game set with the image name:
- Road Blaster
- Super Don Quix-ote
- Thayer's Quest

------------------------
<game name="Road Blaster" image="rb.jpg" id="G_ROADBLASTER">
<version name="Standard" driver="roadblaster" cfg="roadblaster" disc="D_ROADBLASTER" id="V_ROADBLASTER"/>
</game>

.... where is the game with driver name = "rb" ???
------------------------

<game name="Super Don Quix-ote" image="superdon.jpg" id="G_SDQ">
<version name="Standard" driver="sdq" cfg="sdq" disc="D_SDQ" id="V_SDQ"/>
<version name="Shortened Scenes" driver="sdqshort" cfg="sdq" disc="D_SDQ" id="V_SDQSHORT"/>
<version name="Shortened Scenes, Alternate" driver="sdqshortalt" cfg="sdq" disc="D_SDQ" id="V_SDQSHORTALT"/>
</game>

... where is the game with driver name "superdon" ???
------------------------

Thanks for explaining this to me.
OBS: for Daphne 0.99.7 all games are recognized fine.
[/b]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:08 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

CiroConsentino wrote:
<game name="Dragon's Lair" image="lair.jpg" id="G_LAIR">

<version name="Rev F2" driver="lair" cfg="lair_f"
<version name="Enhancement v2.1" driver="dle21" cfg="dle2"
<version name="Enhancement v2.1 - prototype mode" driver="dle21" cfg="dle2"

Look underneath the second 'version'. It sets a dip switch to tell the ROM to run in prototype mode. The reason we did this was because we wanted to make sure that the user could not choose to use a regular 1983 Dragon's Lair disc in prototype mode. You'll notice that if you choose "Enhancement v2.1 - prototype mode" that you can only choose the 2002 Prototype disc.

Quote:
<game name="Road Blaster" image="rb.jpg" id="G_ROADBLASTER">
<version name="Standard" driver="roadblaster" cfg="roadblaster" disc="D_ROADBLASTER" id="V_ROADBLASTER"/>
</game>

.... where is the game with driver name = "rb" ???

image and driver are not related. It's just a coincidence that most of the games have the same name for both.

I hope this helps.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:48 pm 
Registered  User

thanks for the help Matt. I fixed the problem. EL now set the game name using the "driver" information for each version.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:27 pm 
Registered  User

Is the source code available for download?

TIA

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm 
Registered  User

yes, Emu Loader source code (coded in Borland Delphi 7) is available. This is a freeware and open-source application :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Vista 64-Bit version
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:40 pm 
Registered  User

[quote="Jerryhargabyte"]Glad everything is going great for you. Now if we can just make sure that the 64-bit version of this os works fine, then this emu will have fewer problems.[/quote]

I am using the 64-bit version of Vista, and have discovered that the latest version works just fine, without the Program Compatibility Option enabled.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:00 am 
Registered  User

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am trying to figure out which version to order and the only one I see is a 20th Anniversay CD-ROM set, not a DVD-ROM set. Can someone send (or post) a link?

Thanks

Layer wrote:
The best version of the DVDs to get would be the 20th Anniversary DVD set as this contains Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II, and space Ace.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 am 
Registered  User

Is it this one?

DVD-ROM DL/SA/DL2 Three Pack

Includes Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp for a reduced price. Requires WinDVD DVD playback software for Windows 2000/98/95/Me or compatible MCI-based DVD playback software for Windows 95/98/Me

Three Pack DVD-ROM is not Windows XP compatible

shilmover wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am trying to figure out which version to order and the only one I see is a 20th Anniversay CD-ROM set, not a DVD-ROM set. Can someone send (or post) a link?

Thanks

Layer wrote:
The best version of the DVDs to get would be the 20th Anniversary DVD set as this contains Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II, and space Ace.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:14 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

shilmover wrote:
Is it this one?

DVD-ROM DL/SA/DL2 Three Pack

Includes Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp for a reduced price. Requires WinDVD DVD playback software for Windows 2000/98/95/Me or compatible MCI-based DVD playback software for Windows 95/98/Me

Three Pack DVD-ROM is not Windows XP compatible

that one should work just fine

Offline Profile  

Post subject: SPACE ACE / DAPHNE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:29 pm 
Registered  User

I have the SA, DL and DL2 from DL on DVD (Not a combo pack). I want to port this over to my arcade machine. I have downloaded the tools that will convert the DVD and create all the files but the application crashes. Plus the Game took 2 minutes to load on a Duo Core.

I read the DL is working in with Daphne and files are download to your HD. What Files are being download? How is the DVD used for each game?
Once the process is complete Do I still need to have the DVD in my DVD drive when playing each game or can I play them off the HD?

any insight would be great

NJDave

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Daphne Wiki
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Have I got a page for YOU!

Daphne Wiki

Or you can follow the FAQ and Documentation link on the main page of

the Daphne website

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: SPACE ACE / DAPHNE
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:51 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

NJDave71 wrote:
I have the SA, DL and DL2 from DL on DVD (Not a combo pack). I want to port this over to my arcade machine. I have downloaded the tools that will convert the DVD and create all the files but the application crashes. Plus the Game took 2 minutes to load on a Duo Core.

I read the DL is working in with Daphne and files are download to your HD. What Files are being download? How is the DVD used for each game?
Once the process is complete Do I still need to have the DVD in my DVD drive when playing each game or can I play them off the HD?

any insight would be great

NJDave

The files are the m2v and ogg files for each game. It basically downloads the entire game(s) to your HD. But before it will convert them to be usable files for Daphne, you have to have the original Dig Leisure DVD's in the DVD drive to confirm you purchased the game(s). That's the only time you'll ever need the DVD(s).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:51 pm 
Registered  User

NJDave71 wrote:

this question is already answered in the site faq

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:26 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

NJDave71 wrote:

Can you list the steps that you do in order to make the application crash?

And if the application crashed, how were you able to play the game?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Soved
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:54 am 
Registered  User

The Program Downloads the Games and I just inserted the DVD. Thanks.... for the Feedback

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Soved
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

NJDave71 wrote:
The Program Downloads the Games and I just inserted the DVD. Thanks.... for the Feedback

I don't know what could be wrong based on the information you've provided.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:04 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

Is this where we offer creative suggestions for Daphneloader? :D

I have a combination SDLMAME / Daphne cabinet that I built and I have the front end (advancemenu) set to launch Daphneloader. This is great but the problem is you can't manage Dapheloader using "arcade" controls only.

At some point in the future it would be great to have:

Up/down arrow keys: select game (they kind of do this now but you first have to click on the game list with a mouse and you get a boarder around the game name if you use the arrow keys but it does not really select them).

Enter: Start selected game

Escape: quit Daphneloader

This is for the future... For now I can just pull the mouse out from the cabinet to select a game but the above suggestion would be great!!

Thanks for all the work!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:00 pm 
Registered  User

Hi. I'm having a little trouble with Space Ace. Everything goes fine with the automatic download and validation process, the game starts and appears to be fine but when I die, the game keeps going. Let me explain the best I can. You're playing and everything is going fine. You die, Borf taunts as usual, then the game continues ahead of where you were! It basically skips the move you failed or more than one move and picks up afterwards, sorta like the game auto played that move or moves while the Borf screen occurs. You lose lives when you die, but the game keeps going. You never go back to the beginning of the level after a death. It's like you didn't die. If the infinite lives is turned on, the game can pretty much autoplay itself. Now I never played Space Ace in the arcade, but I highly doubt that's what it does if you die. Again, this is the official download through DAPHNE. I didn't get the files from anywhere else. I have tried the download twice and I've tried all the versions except the European version and they all do the same thing. I'm using default DAPHNE settings. I checked the log and there's no errors anywhere in it so I don't know what's causing this issue. I'm using the Windows version of DAPHNE 1.0 beta, the loader is updated to the most recent version, I'm running Windows XP Professional, and I used the 20th Anniversary DVD Video box set to validate (in case the question comes up). Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:08 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

A long winded explanation of your plight!! And it's a very simple sollution. Space Ace has 3 difficulty settings - easy, medium and hard. When you take the actions to insert a coin and press start to play the game, you'll notice it will beep a few times. It's indicating that it's waiting for you to choose one of the difficulties. If you don't choose one, it will defailt to easy, in which it will just keep the game moving on if you die, not making you repeat the part where you died. You want to choose either medium or difficult. Either one of those will make you repeat the scene over if you die.

I don't remember what the default keys are, but you can go into the configuration and look at the input settings. Look where it shows the Skills and what keys they're mapped to. You can, of course change them if you'd like.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:09 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

DevilHunterWolf wrote:
Now I never played Space Ace in the arcade, but I highly doubt that's what it does if you die.

If you've never played a real machine, why would you assume that?

What you are describing is exactly how the game is supposed to play in Cadet mode. Infinite lives was never meant for anything other than testing purposes. If you don't like it, simply play on Captain or Ace.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:17 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

The one thing I'd like, is Daphne NOT downloading all the Digital Leisure games (in the vldp_dl directory) Why can't you just download the one you want ? It takes up to much space on the hard drive (3.23 gig only wanted SA and it's 986 meg)

There should be a option on what games to auto download or not creating the ghost files.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:25 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Borf wrote:
There should be a option on what games to auto download or not creating the ghost files.

Yes, how dare you, Matt_O, create a program and give it away for free without consulting Borf on how it should be. :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next