It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clarification of my previous thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:43 pm 
Registered  User

Matt,

Because I'm familiar with the new rules, I wasn't trying to start any legal discussion when I asked my question. I did so only out of curiosity, and I wanted nothing more than a simple yes-or-no answer to the question itself. Maybe the other respondent mentioned some legal things, but I already was aware of them; I asked a conversational question out of pure curiosity. As I said before, the sole reason I mentioned those legal things was so nobody got the wrong impression from my post, but as I feared, somebody did anyway.

I don't want to start any more long debates, so as far as I'm concerned, the subject ends here. But since you locked my previous thread, I was forced to start a new one just to clarify my intent in starting the locked one. I don't want anybody thinking that I didn't know the rules or that I was ignoring them.

In the future, I'll be much more careful about what I ask, since it's so easy to be misunderstood on any message board. And I'm just as tired of the whole piracy issue as you are, and I think we all should move on to more important things, so I'll be particularly careful not to ask anything even remotely connected to legality. Threads do develop lives of their own, and the replies to the initial posts often make the threads go in entirely different directions than their creators originally intended. :wink:

I've wasted enough time and bandwidth worrying about this, so I'll close this, except to give you guys a big thanks for creating Daphne. Because of your efforts, I've been able to play some games for the first time in 19 years, and some for the first time ever. :D :D :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:12 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Ya, I realize your intent and I realized what happened to that thread. So no worries ...

Offline Profile