It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Daphne on Pandora?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:32 pm 
Registered  User

Hi Matt, I've been a long time fan and user of Daphne for many years and I was really looking forward to your GP2X handhled project. It looks like that project died out about a year ago(july 07 was your last update to the project). Anyway, I was wondering if your familiar with the new Pandora Handheld Project being put together by many of the GP2X communities founding fathers, and is due out within a few months(OpenPandora.org). If so do you think a Daphne port would be possible? And if so, in this current age do you think you would have the time to tackle such a project? I would be very interested in giving a donation to help you get a developers unit if you think it would be something you would be interested in/have the time to tackle/or think you could get it to a functional and playable state! The GP2X was a great little handheld, but was flawed in several key areas. The Pandora appears to be everything a great handheld should be and then some, so I would hope Daphne would be possible, but that is your area of expertise! Thanks for your time Matt, and keep up the good works!

All The Best,
Chris

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:54 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

I haven't completely given up on the GP2X port, but it is really looking like the gp2x just doesn't have enough power to handle everything needed for emulating Dragon's Lair (which is the most basic of games).

If I can't produce _something_ for the GP2X, I definitely will not take on any other "get donations for equipment, work on port" projects. That was a mistake.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Daphne on Pandora?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 am 
Registered  User

Hey Matt,
If you ever change your mind please post something in regards to taking up work on Pandora, or needing donations! Thanks for all the hard work over the years.

Best Regards,
Chris

Offline Profile