It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Recent Daphne updates ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:43 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

As you may or may not know, I have been releasing new builds of Daphne to the chatroom in order to have a smaller number of people test it and find the obvious problems before it's unleashed on the world.

Here are the latest changes (chatroom build only):

Code:
v0.101.20
- Removed 'instant strobes' option from Dragon's Lair driver, as this is incompatible with artificial seek delay.
- Reworked the strobe handling in Dragon's Lair to be more efficient with CPU usage.
- Improved VLDP error message about requiring a -framefile argument so it is only shown if the user didn't provide a -framefile argument.
- Improved blocking seeking so that it will once again work with VLDP seek delay.
- Fixed "-altaudio" option which has been broken since before v0.99.7 (!!)

v0.101.19
- Improved 'cobraconv' driver so that the game should be playable (although it still has many problems)
- Added support for 'search abort' in the LDP1000 driver.  This fixed beginning of a new Bega's Battle game so that the "I am Bega" sequence will show even if the user has specified a lot of search delay.
- Fixed PR-7820 driver so that it uses non-blocking seeking.

v0.101.18
- Fixed 'pause game' lockup bug that occurred when seek delay was enabled
- Fixed 'continue countdown' in Bega's Battle so that it counts normally instead of too fast.
- Fixed VIP9500SG Hitachi driver so that it works with non-blocking seeking.  This should improve Astron Belt, Galaxy Ranger, and Cobra Command (Astron Belt ROMS).

v0.101.17
- Fixed problem in Super Don Quixote where death scenes can be seen after each correct move.  Occasional death scenes may still be seen but these are due to bugs in the ROM and not bugs in the emulation.  As a result of this work, Esh's Aurunmilla also performs much better, although it may still not be as tight as Super Don.
- Added ability to 'tilt' games. (Cliff Hanger is the only game that can currently be tilted).
- Reworked OpenGL driver and fixed overrun problem that occasionally happened.
- Added a formal changelog
- Added preliminary SINGE support.  SINGE is a scripting language to allow users to make their own laserdisc-styled games.

v0.101.16 and older
- All changes are logged in CVS and a full changelog will be available for the next official release.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:44 pm 
Registered  User

Hi
Can i join me to the test group?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:59 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

just come to the chat room

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:12 am 
Registered  User

Great job!!
I've noticed also a better emulation of cliffhanger. With this version it never hangs when the "good luke" screen appears!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:26 pm 
Registered  User

Hi,

I can't join the chat due to my proxed connection...but until now I was able to get latest chat version from the old path http://daphne.rulecity.com/download/dap ... -win32.zip (same for dl-updater-2.1.41-win32.zip file)

Now using the official new site, I can't find that path why ???

Without this way I wont test any new chat release :(

tnk ya in advance matt

Offline Profile