It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Windows Vista Compatibility?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 pm 
Registered  User

Hi guys,

Lost my original username/password after changing my e-mail address, so I'm logged on and starting over (not that I posted that much -- love to watch!).

Anyway, I've been doing some testing with the new Windows Vista O/S and as part of the MSDN program, have the Final Release installed on my PC. Everything works great, except I get an error message when trying to register mscomctl.ocx and comdlg32.ocx. I should mention first that in WinXP I would copy these files to the \system32 directory and register them with no trouble, so this seems to be something related to Vista and maybe how security paranoid it is.

If you're curious, an example of the error (using mscomctl.ocx) reads:

The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

I know you're all very big on Linux, but if you could throw some Windows love my way, I'd be most appreciative.

Anybody have any advice?

All the best and Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe

Arcade cabinet specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4GB RAM, Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000, onboard audio, 16GB SSD (boot/OS/front end), 2TB 7200 rpm hard drive (emulators/ROMs), Wells-Gardner D9200 monitor, Klipsch 2.1 speakers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Compatibility?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:05 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

PCTech714 wrote:
I know you're all very big on Linux, but if you could throw some Windows love my way, I'd be most appreciative.

Anybody have any advice?

All the best and Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe

Hi there. You didn't mention, but what version of DAPHNE are you using? The latest beta of DAPHNE (available in the chat room), according to another Vista tester on these forums, worked just fine in th last build of Vista. If you're using 0.99.7, you may want to consider moving over to the DAPHNE beta. Also, don't forget that the chat room is another great place to get quick replies to tech questions too (although it may be a bit slow with this weekend for obvious reasons).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:15 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Does Vista have a "syswow64" directory? That's where they need to be placed in 64bit XP rather than in system32. Not sure about Vista (haven't used it yet) but give that a shot.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:36 am 
Registered  User

chip wrote:
Does Vista have a "syswow64" directory? That's where they need to be placed in 64bit XP rather than in system32. Not sure about Vista (haven't used it yet) but give that a shot.

Chip,

The 64-bit version of Vista might, but I'm using the 32-bit version right now. The syswow64 directory doesn't exist in the 32-bit install.

Although, I'll have to remember that if I ever switch to 64-bit Vista! :-)

Joe

Arcade cabinet specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, 4GB RAM, Ultimarc Arcade VGA 3000, onboard audio, 16GB SSD (boot/OS/front end), 2TB 7200 rpm hard drive (emulators/ROMs), Wells-Gardner D9200 monitor, Klipsch 2.1 speakers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:46 am 
Registered  User

Just loaded Vista Ultimate today...OCX files bomb out when trying to install. Any updates yet with this?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:42 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

yoeddy wrote:
Just loaded Vista Ultimate today...OCX files bomb out when trying to install. Any updates yet with this?

32 or 64 bit? I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit RTM and it installed and plays without any problems at all. If it's 64 bit, then I couldn't help you I'm afraid.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:49 pm 
Registered  User

Envisaged0ne wrote:
yoeddy wrote:

32 or 64 bit? I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit RTM and it installed and plays without any problems at all. If it's 64 bit, then I couldn't help you I'm afraid.

It's 32 bit...I'm just starting with the OCX files. When I try to run the install utility to plug the OCX files in, there's an error, and consequently when I open Daphne, I can't click the configure button until the OCX files are loaded.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 pm 
Registered  User

...and I'm using daphne-0.99.6c-win32.zip.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:05 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

yoeddy wrote:
...and I'm using daphne-0.99.6c-win32.zip.

This version is very old.

Try using the WIP of Daphne - link in the chat room.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:51 pm 
Registered  User

Anyone been able to load the ocx files yet in Vista Ultimate 32bit? When I try it fails with the messages above, and yes there is a system 32 folder. The reason I use the older version, which worked fine in XP, is because I like the play better in DL and SA compared to the latest version.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:08 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Well..technically .99.6 is unsupported..

you may try googling for a .ocx register fix.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:01 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

I'm more curious what about 99.6 you think plays better than 1.0. That seems odd to me. (no offense, of course)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 am 
Registered  User

Hey chip...long time man. So the latest downloadable version that I see is 99.7, and I was comparing to that. Where can I download this 1.0 version?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:17 am 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

there's a link in the news section on the daphne home page.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Versions post 99.7 worked fine with Vista
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05 am 
Registered  User

chip wrote:
I'm more curious what about 99.6 you think plays better than 1.0. That seems odd to me. (no offense, of course)

First of all, I had a great experience chatting with the gang recently and they directed me to the most recent version at that time (I'm sure at this point 1.0 beta supercedes that, of course, since it was about 3 weeks ago). I had no trouble with that version and the x86 version of Vista.

However, I've discovered a new problem: when the upgrade portion of the app runs (on first run, after running the new 1.0 beta executable), I receive the following message:

Cannot update: Unable to obtain write access to ./cache/updates/update-win32/libexpatt.dll

I'm thinkibng either one of a number of possibilites:

1) I need to clear this folder and re-run the updater
2) This file has a "Read Only" attrib
3) I might need to modify the shortcut so it runs either in Admin mode or as a legacy XP app.

I'll try all of these and see what happens.

Joe

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:24 am 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

you can delete the entire 'cache' directory. Try that and see what happens.. this is the first time I've heard of such an error and it is pretty strange since no application should actually be using that .dll to my knowledge.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:36 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

I have the version 1.0b running on my Vista 32bit computer. I have all the torrents downloaded and now I'm just waiting on my order from Digital Liesure to show with the 20th Anniversary DVD-video pack and Thayer's Quest DVD-video.

Once my disks come in I'll report if I have any problems -- I'm really looking forward to it! :D

The only thing I notice so far is if I move the folder to a different location on the drive it seems to confuse the torrents, so I placed it back on my desktop.

Thanks to all that work on Daphne project! I promise to click that Donate! button soon, once I get running.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:12 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

DaverJ wrote:
The only thing I notice so far is if I move the folder to a different location on the drive it seems to confuse the torrents, so I placed it back on my desktop.

You should be able to move the folder to wherever you want.
Make sure DaphneLoader is fully exited by doing File->Exit before you try to move the folder.

Quote:
Thanks to all that work on Daphne project! I promise to click that Donate! button soon, once I get running.

I would greatly appreciate that!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:51 am 
DAPHNE Silver Donator
DAPHNE Silver Donator

Matt Ownby wrote:
You should be able to move the folder to wherever you want.
Make sure DaphneLoader is fully exited by doing File->Exit before you try to move the folder.

Yep, that did the trick... thanks!

I forgot that even though the Daphne Loader interface is closed, the torrent is active. I'm so used clicking the X in the upper right to close a program.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 am 
Registered  User

Matt Ownby wrote:
you can delete the entire 'cache' directory. Try that and see what happens.. this is the first time I've heard of such an error and it is pretty strange since no application should actually be using that .dll to my knowledge.

For the record, running Daphneloader as an Administrator solved this problem. There's a checkbox under the Compatibility tab for the shortcut that allows this to work. Just make sure "Run as Administrator" is checked.

Running it that way updated me to the most current version.

Joe

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 pm 
Registered  User

Hello everyone,

I am brand new here in the forums, and trying Daphne for the first time over the past few days. I have lots of experience with p.c.'s and software, and have managed to get past all the bugs, and get this working on Vista succesfully. (I am using home premium 64 bit) The first problem I ran into was with frame files. Chip's framefile wizard that is downloadable through the Daphne site is excellent, but you will need to know what number to put in for the .m2v start frame. (I think there was a thread here with that info, i'm looking for it again myself). The second issue I had after I got all my frame file problems sorted out was with video parsing issues. I found that certain games loaded up with the precache video option on enabled, which caused the problem. Vista is such a resource and memory PIG, that there was not enough available memory on my system to precache the neccesary video. (Wait until you see my system specs below, lmfao) *I read somewhere there were "3 files" that you needed to put in the system32 folder for xp, or wow64 folder for x64. Since I am not using x64, I put them in the sys32 folder, and it worked fine for me.* I can't remember right now what the file names were, or where I took them from??? I'll re-post that when I figure it out. (There is a wow64 folder though called "sysWOW64")

Another issue I ran into that I found was neccesary was to DISABLE ROM CRC 32 CHECKING. I would ALWAYS get errors until I turned this off, and then games loaded up without issue. I just got ESH to work by switching that to disabled. I do get a message when loading esh up though, saying "game can be completed, but driver is very immature, various video/sound problems. Perhaps when doing the crc32 check, this driver issue halted the game from booting???? Who knows - well, I guess chip and his buddies might ;)

Anyhow, hope this helps someone out there fix their issues, it's been quite the battle for me this far, even with my extensive knowledge of p.c.'s.

**I never had to run Dapne in winxp compatability mode, nor did I have to run it as an administrator. As long as I corrected the above issues, it works fine for me every time now :)**

Here's my system specs:

Case: Antec 900 series gaming case (Look this on up online - AMAZING gaming case!!!!)

Power supply: Enermax "Liberty" 550 watt dual 12v rail with dual PCI-express gaming power supply. (This is absolutely KILLER!!!)

Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe socket 775 with intel 975x express chipset crossfire. (Liquid nitrogen cooled)

Processor: Intel core 2 duo extreme 2.8 (Overclocked to 4 gigs)

Ram: 4x1 gig Corsair ddr2 pc 6400 800 mhz xtreme performance ram

Video: Radeon X1900 gt 512 meg PCI-E card and Radeon X1900 gt 512 meg PCI-E All-in-wonder card running in crossfire mode. Video is overclocked to quite insane levels as well ;)

Hard drives: 3x 350 gig Western digital 7500 rpm sata 2 drives.

Optical drive: LG super-multi 16x dual layer cd/dvdrw

Monitor: 24" Viewsonic High definition widescreen 5 ms response with 1680x1050 resolution

Key & mouse: Logitech cordless desktop w/laser mouse

Joystick: Logitech cordless rumble pad 2

***Believe it or not - Vista uses up all this, and BEGS for more to just run SIMPLE applications!!!! It is slower at times than my athlon 2800 rig from 4 years ago!!!!! (Vista is still VERY immature, and has tone of compatability and driver issues. When patched up a few times, it will likely speed WAY up - at least I HOPE SO!!!!)***

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:40 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Snakeman wrote:
Chip's framefile wizard that is downloadable through the Daphne site is excellent, but you will need to know what number to put in for the .m2v start frame.

that's matt's wizard, not mine. Keep in mind that the new daphne is the only supported version. With it, you no longer need to create your own framefiles.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:20 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Snakeman wrote:
***Believe it or not - Vista uses up all this, and BEGS for more to just run SIMPLE applications!!!! It is slower at times than my athlon 2800 rig from 4 years ago!!!!! (Vista is still VERY immature, and has tone of compatability and driver issues. When patched up a few times, it will likely speed WAY up - at least I HOPE SO!!!!)***

This is not quite the case with the 32bit version of Vista. I didn't by into the 64bit version because I saw first hand how lackluster XP64 was. I don't believe 64bit will be truely viable until at least another year comes and goes - if not longer. 32bit does have it's share of issues..but nothing that has kept me from doing anything I need or want to do. Vista will only get better over time - Yay! (I'm just glad I'm not one of the many having major issues - knocks on wood).

Core 2 Duo (e6400) @ 3.2 Ghz (OC'd)
2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-6400 @ 800Mhz
nForce 680i SLI
Geforce 8800GTS w/640MB
2x320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD (3.0GB/s)
LG 18x Super-Multi DL DVD+/-/R/W
LG 16x DVD-ROM
Thermaltake 700W SLI (Quad 12v Rail)
BenQ 22" FP222WH Widescreen Monitor 5ms (1680x1050) with HDMI
Support
Cooler Master Mystique RC-632 BLK Case
XBOX360 Wireless Controller
Microsoft Optical Mouse
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:10 am 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

chip wrote:

It's syswoe64.
Web definitions for woe
suffering: misery resulting from affliction

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:17 am 
Registered  User

i have vista, works for me

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:32 am 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

I'm running fine on Vista Ultimate 64, Daphne 1.0 Beta. The only change I had to make was setting video to use OpenGL hardware acceleration. The default didn't want to work, all I could hear was the audio, no video.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:13 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Yep, this sounds familiar; other people have noted that the regular YUV hardware acceleration no longer works; so you can either disable acceleration or use OpenGL.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Using OpenGL
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:39 pm 
Registered  User

Matt Ownby wrote:
Yep, this sounds familiar; other people have noted that the regular YUV hardware acceleration no longer works; so you can either disable acceleration or use OpenGL.

How do I use OpenGL? Also, will Interstellar work as well? Thank you for any assistance! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:32 am 
Registered  User

you can find it on google search .
https://crbtech.in/programmes/hardware- ... -programme

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm 
Dragon's Lair Project Staff
Dragon's Lair Project Staff

[quote="snehalpatil2391"]you can find it on google search .
[/quote]
SPAM!!!!!!

Offline Profile