It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DL2 credit function gone crazy after hitting to fast !FIXED!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 am 
Registered  User

Hi I am trying to figure what to do with my dl2 on daphne I am using the version prior to the current release and it has been working great all along well I went to rack up a bunch of credits on it and now all of the sudden whenever the credit button is hit it just keeps making the cling noise and pumping them in non stop so I checked to see if it was doing that on any other games and it was not everything else is working fine and it runs fine when I start it but soon as I push either credit button on dl2 only it just keeps going cling cling cling and racking credits over and over and all I have to do is hit it once and it goes on forever and make's it unplayable.

any file's to delete or something to reset or something becuase I have no clue why it is doing this other then I found a glitch in it by doing pushing to many credits in the beginning or something.

I am on a different pc so I cannot copy the loader info file but it seemed to be fine.

dunno why but all of the sudden does not like 5 as the key assighnment for the credit so I disabled 5&6 and C and just made it striaght up C only and it now work's good enough for me :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:13 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

Well..I would try to use the Beta - as the emulation of Dragon's Lair II is greatly improved.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:31 pm 
Registered  User

nah it has alway's worked flawless once I got it going and never had a problem till I tried to rack up the credits to fast but I fixed it by eliminating the 5&6 as credit key's and assighned them a new key and now it work's great again so I am all set again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:02 pm 
DAPHNE Team
DAPHNE Team

arcadenook wrote:
nah it has alway's worked flawless once I got it going and never had a problem till I tried to rack up the credits to fast but I fixed it by eliminating the 5&6 as credit key's and assighned them a new key and now it work's great again so I am all set again.

But it is flawed...:P The new Daphne's emulation of DL2 is tighter AND it has the overlay support in it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:11 pm 
DAPHNE Bronze Donator
DAPHNE Bronze Donator

He is right. The new version is much better. With better reaction times and the text overlay support. Sure, you're going to need the DVD of it to get it running, but that's just a really minor obstacle.

Looks like a long way down.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:46 pm 
Registered  User

turn out after months of frustration it was my darn coin door swtich's for some reason instead of using the middle as the main signal I had to use the outer and now eveything works as it should have again lol.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:55 am 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

You ever play a real DL2 in the arcade? If so if you are using 99.7 or earlier then you really arent playing DL2 but instead a buggy version of it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: DL2 credit function gone crazy after hitting to fast !FI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:54 am 
Registered  User

You're going to need the DVD of it to get it running, but that's just a really minor obstacle.

Offline Profile