It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

When asking for help, make sure you are using the latest stable version of Daphne with the latest DaphneLoader. "For sale", auction, or ebay links do not belong here. Legal discussion is discouraged.

Post subject: Re: Problems with Dragon's Lair
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:55 pm 
Registered  User

Hi All,
so pleased to find this been a DL fan for years (I know it's been here ages), however I am having trouble getting DL to work on OSX 10.11 with Daphne V1.0-2.2.1

I'm using a Digital Leisure DVD and authentication appeared to happen as per installation instructions. The video files have been validated and written to the Daphne User Data folder.

But when I try to Start DL, the application crashes?

Error!
Daphne exited with result code: -1

Log file from Daphne...

--DAPHNE version 1.0.0
--Command line is: /Applications/Daphne Loader.app/Contents/MacOS/Daphne.app/Contents/MacOS/Daphne lair vldp -framefile /Users/DaveD/Documents/DAPHNE User Data/vldp_dl/lair/lair.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir /Users/DaveD/Documents/DAPHNE User Data -bank 0 11111001 -bank 1 00100111 -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480
--CPU : GenuineIntel 2147 MHz || Mem : 0 megs
--OpenGL: Compiled In
--RGB2YUV Function: MMX
--Line Blending Function: MMX
--Audio Mixing Function: MMX
Setting alternate home dir:
/Users/DaveD/Documents/DAPHNE User Data
Setting sound buffer size to 2048
Setting screen width to 640
Setting screen height to 480
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 1000004
Initializing sound system ...
GI Sound chip initialized at 2000000 Hz
No joysticks detected
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /Users/DaveD/Documents/DAPHNE User Data/vldp_dl/lair/./

Any ideas?

Dave

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:36 pm 
Registered  User

I ran into the same issue. The problem is the ancient version of the SDL Library they are using is incompatible with El Capitan (10.11). The fix is pretty simple. Download the current 1.x versions of the SDL and SDL Mixer Runtime Frameworks for OSX.

Sorry the links are incomplete. The board will not let me post them because I'm a new user.
libsdl org/download-1.2.php
libsdl org/projects/SDL_mixer/release-1.2.html

Copy these into the Frameworks directory in the Daphne.app
Daphne Loader.app/Contents/MacOS/Daphne.app/Contents/Frameworks

After you've replaced the older versions with the new ones you should be good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 am 
Registered  User

The option to "ignore correct aspect ratio" is not working for me after the last couple updates of Daphne (actually having the same problem in all games). It was working normally prior to that... meaning that the games were stretched full screen.

I have tried turning the option off and back on again. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:17 pm 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Working fine on my end. I set the resolution to 1600x1200 & enabled ignore correct aspect ratio. Game stretches across the whole screen no problem

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:20 pm 
Registered  User

Thanks for the reply. Hmm, that's weird. I guess asking what version you are on is a moot point since the newest version is forced. Not really sure where to start troubleshooting this. I did just upgrade my monitor, but I don't see how that would affect it, and all other emulators and applications are screen stretching properly. Could it be related to that somehow?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

It's possible. Also might want to check your graphic card settings. What graphics card are you using?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:29 pm 
Registered  User

Hello,

I'm a bit of a newbie here regarding Daphne gaming. I am building an arcade cabinet, and have the latest DaphneLoader & emulator. It wants the Dragon's Lair "DVD" to prove I actually purchased the game. I just purchased the game off of Amazon, it was the $9.99 Windows HD game download. Can I either use these files to authenticate via DaphneLoader or possibly use the files themselves? I use hyperspin as my front end and would prefer to use the daphne emulator instead of the native .exe/mpgs I bought from Amazon. If I can get this to work, I will buy the others as well :) Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:07 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

You didn't like my reply so you posted the question in an old thread that's not related to your problem? You already asked this & it was answered. No you can't verify with the HD versions purchased on Amazon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:03 am 
Registered  User

Sorry, I didn't see your other reply. I did post this in two spots because I thought the first thread I picked was the wrong location, I'll find it and read your reply.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:06 am 
Registered  User

I'm having an issue with the sound levels of the ogg file that Daphne downloaded.

The beeps and voices (narrator, Daphne herself, etc) all come through loud and clear.

The background music is very quiet. I can barely hear it. I've tried messing with the volume settings in the emulator. I'm not really sure what they do but I've tried a bunch of different things. None of them have worked.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 am 
Registered  User

Hey Guys,
I am using Daphne on Retropie ...

I am trying to get my joystick (PS4 wireless) mapped to play Dragons Lair. It is working fine except for the sword button. The dpad and the left joystick work without problems.

I have tried a few different things.

1. I tried remapping the keyboard command through xboxdrv. That did work and seemed to create more problems. I even made a custom mapping that I tried in daphne.sh.

2. I tried to edit the dapinput. ini - changing the KEY_BUTTON1-3 lines to read as 3 for the joystick argument. I used 3 because jstest /dev/input/js0 reported 2 back as the circle button on my ps4 controller and the daphne documentation says to increase the reported value by 1 because 0 is reserved for some special reason.

Here is my dapinput.ini that is located /opt/retropie/configs/daphne (I noticed that this file exists in /opt/emulators/daphne as well .. does anyone know why its in two places ?
Thanks for any help.

```
[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = 273 114 1
KEY_DOWN = 274 102 1
KEY_LEFT = 276 100 1
KEY_RIGHT = 275 103 1
KEY_BUTTON1 = 306 97 3
KEY_BUTTON2 = 308 115 3
KEY_BUTTON3 = 32 113 3
KEY_START1 = 49 0 4
KEY_START2 = 50 0 5
KEY_COIN1 = 53 0 8
KEY_COIN2 = 54 0 9
KEY_SKILL1 = 304 119 0
KEY_SKILL2 = 122 105 0
KEY_SKILL3 = 120 107 0
KEY_SERVICE = 57 0 0
KEY_TEST = 283 0 0
KEY_RESET = 284 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = 293 0 0
KEY_QUIT = 27 113 10
END
```

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:22 pm 
Registered  User

[quote="Near76e"]Sorry, I didn't see your other reply. I did post this in two spots because I thought the first thread I picked was the wrong location, I'll find it and read your reply.[/quote]

Hi Dunnie, I doubt you'll ever be able to get the PS4 joystick to work with this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 pm 
Registered  User

every time i play at dragon's lair enhancement 2.1, in the dragon's lair sequence the game crashes at the same point, near the end of the sequence, when Dirk goes to get the sword. I find this problem only with this version, while the F2 version works fine. can someone help me to solve this problem or is it a bug of dle 21 roms? the log file says: "LDP : tried to search without checking for search result first! that's bad!"

PLEASE HELP ME...IT CRASHES JUST IN THE FINAL AFTER I PLAYED ALL THE SEQUENCES, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm 
DAPHNE Platinum Donator
DAPHNE Platinum Donator

This is a verification work for... Tony M. Victorino!
He is our last hope.
End of line...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:07 am 
DAPHNE Gold Donator
DAPHNE Gold Donator

Never find out such a problem... the Enhancement 2.1 always played flawlessly to me.
Lorenzo, take an "in-game-clip" so that we can see the exact point where and how the game crashes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:43 pm 
Registered  User

I ran the Daphne loaderv1.0-2.2.11 and then loaded the files from my Dragon's Lair DVD but when I click to run the game I get this error: "Daphne could not be executed. It may be installed incorrectly." I have erased and reran these steps 3 times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:36 pm 
Registered  User

Hey gang (whomever is listening!)...

I'm wondering if some of you Daphne wizards can help me out.

Here's my situation:
-I own copies of all of the discs for SA, DL, DL2
-I can run SA, DL, DL2 from Daphne Loader
-When I use the command line generated from Daphne Loader and run that in Command Prompt in the Daphne emulator folder, it tells me it can't find the rom files. Even though it runs through Daphne Loader fine.
-every other game can be run from the command line with no problems.

Here's my command line:
daphne.exe lair2 vldp -framefile D:\ROMS\Daphne\lair2\lair2.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Daphne -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480

My folder structure is like this:
-Emulator: D:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Daphne
-Roms: D:\Roms\Daphne
-Each rom has its own folder.
-Each rom folder has all of the files extracted. All of the files the framefile is looking for is in that folder.
-Each rom folder has the framefile in it.
-Each rom folder even has all of the rom files lair2.zip, lair2_319_span.zip etc
-Each rom folder has all of the video files in it.

1. Why is the command line not working? Even if I do the specific path to daphne (d:\hyperspin\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe) it tells me it can't find the rom and yells "feed me!"

2. Why is it just these games?

3. Would it be best to revert to the old daphne loader if I have all the media files?

4. Do I have to keep Daphne roms and media for these games in the traditional file places in the Daphne folder?

edit: NOTE - the command line only doesn't work for Dragon's Lair 1, 2, and Space Ace. I'm wondering if the loader is pointing towards different files?

edit: here's the part of the log file that's relevant:
Loading ./roms/ace/sa_a3_u1.bin ... 0 bytes read into memory
ROM sa_a3_u1.bin couldn't be found in roms/ace/, or in ./roms/ace.zip
Could not load ROM images! You must supply these.

when loading from loader the top of the log up until that point is identical.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 am 
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Right off the bat, I noticed you didn't put the directory in quotes. So your command line should look like this...

daphne.exe lair2 vldp -framefile "D:\ROMS\Daphne\lair2\lair2.txt" -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir "D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Daphne" -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480

Offline Profile