It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:37 pm 
Registered  User

Was Braindead 13 ever an arcade game? I have an old cd-rom of this game, but I was wondering, if anyone knows of a better version. I wonder if a person could capture mpeg's of the psx version (or some other better version), and write a rom and framefile for it to run under daphne like it were an arcade game. Similar to like I mentioned for Shadoan in an earlier post. Just more "brain-dead storming." :smile: -Dr. J

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:16 am 
Registered  User

Actually, I'm seriously considering giving this a try. Brain Dead 13 was my favorite game along these lines, next to the originol Dragon's Lair. I've got the pc version now (which is pitiful), but I'm picking up a saturn version, and a psx version. I'm going to see if I can convert the video onto my computer. I would really like to get Brain Dead 13 to the point where it feels like a real Arcade game. It would play the intro, and require credits, and only let you die a certain number of times. I guess it would need a custom framefile, and a custom rom. Anyone know how to make a custom rom? Anyone out there interested in helping me do this, or am I alone in my madness?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:59 am 
Registered  User

Converting the video should be super easy. I convert console videos all the time (for a videogame intro DVD project I'm making for myself. Spans 15 years!) Saturn had a few types of video, but Playstation stuck with the same format. Also, I remember the Saturn version being on less CDs and the video quality not being too great. The PSX version looked better, I think? So, none of that is a problem.

- Dave

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:28 pm 
DAPHNE Creator
DAPHNE Creator

Have you looked at any of those four laserdisc games that were ported to playstation 1? (time gal, cobra command, road blaster, and ninja hayate) ? It would be interesting to extract the video from those.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:40 pm 
Registered  User

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Time Gal, Road Blaster, and Ninja Hayate. I'm working on getting Time Gal now, but I'm having no luck with RB and NH. Does anyone want to combine forces with me on this?

- Dave

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:21 pm 
Registered  User

UPDATE: They are attained!

- Sega

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:58 am 
Registered  User

https://www.daphne-emu.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1413

As soon as I got those games home, I extracted the video, and am now trying to improve the quality. It's a strange process :). The link above shows my current progress (still working on getting some good processing settings).

- Sega

Offline Profile