It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ive re-coded the LD games engine on VB6, little game inside
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 pm 
Registered  User

Hi, I was thinking about doing a LD-like game so i was thinking about doing it in Daphne but i found it kinda hard. so, with some of my little visualbasic knowledgements (ive learned it by myself when i was pretty young) ive re-coded all the main ld games engine (run a video, if the correct button is pressed then youll move on, or take another path, etc).
its not 100% yet, its all done in Visual Basic 6 and all u need is windows and windows media player plugin (duh), the code is a mess im trying to make simple and ive even made a little game using the engine (its got like 2 stages, lol, but it shows all the engine capabilities, like simple death and 2-ways answers)
id love to share the game here as a tech demo, as the real game im planning isnt even near completion, but im worried about bandwidth. also, im creating a homepage to hold all the info about it.
id like to know if anyone is interested in beta-testing and maybe help coding (theres not much left, though. i need some info on how to properly make a script utility so anyone can easily use my app because at the moment you need to edit the source code. maybe a txt-reading plugin?)
ill inform you guys about the beta game as soon as i can host in a good place ;)
contact me at icq 136146274, msn robertocrbr@hotmail.com, email roberto.cr@gmail.com
thank you very much ;)

...* roberto.cr@gmail.com - ICQ:136146274 *...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:16 am 
Registered  User

little update now:
its been a long time since i havent touched the code, many real-life issues came upon me and i was only able to play with the code for like 2 days or so... =`\
but many people are contacting me wanting to help and im very thankful, but im trying to make a webpage for me to host everything related to this project. itll be full opensource, only visual basic 6 will be needed to compile under windows and it only uses the windows media player plugin (everyone has it :P )
ive made the little example game better, but its still to short. my plan is to clean up the code in order to make a simple to use script-based game maker.
the code is already pretty simple for anyone to edit, but id like to make it more user-friendly, arranging it in a way the normal user will be able to make games with ease and still have access to all the functions (simple success or death, two-answers situation, dedicated death scenes, etc...)
ill be more than happy to finish the webpage im creating for the project and then be able to deliver everything to you guys =`]
sorry bout the bad english, im tired... expect me to just release the beta version anytime soon 8)

...* roberto.cr@gmail.com - ICQ:136146274 *...

Offline Profile